Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Customer Service at Best Buy

Whenever service is particularly terrible I feel like I just have to broadcast it in public. I will do the same if service is especially wonderful, too, so I'm not just a grumpy complaining whiner. Ok, so hubby gave me a new car stereo for Christmas. My car is old enough to not have all the bells and whistles like a hook up for my MP3 player, or even a CD player. I know, right? Its positively archaic. But my new radio has all of these things so I can listen to books on CD, my music and whatever. The problem has been getting the thing installed.

Bruce started the day after Christmas. He called to get an appointment over and over again and got NO answer. Nothing. He was so frustrated. I called myself and got an answer right away. To be fair, the guy was friendly and helpful and connected me with the car installation department immediately. Thats when things kind of fell apart. After 5 minutes of ringing some guy finally answered. He was talking in this slurred, low voice like he had been lying on his deathbed for months and didn't have the strength to draw his next breath, much less take a phone call. I had to keep asking him to repeat what he was saying. The bottom line, "we aren't taking anymore appointments until after New Years". Of course it sounded more like, "Wa rakin ama por poi me tila New Years." I was able to get the New Year part fairly well.

Ok, so we let it go, got busy and kept putting off calling, and then I had a day off today to make up for the time I didn't get when my kids were home the past 2 weeks. That sucks, but I still never turn down a chance for some time off. So I called this morning around 10:30 to see if we could bring my car in this atfternoon. The phone rang around eleven billion times, and finally a girl answered and informed me noone was in that department and I would have to call back. Which I did. At 11:30 she (again after not answering for about 5 minutes)told me that noone was in that department. I asked her when exactly did the car stereo people drag their sorry asses into work? I didn't phrase it like that exactly but my tone impied it. She had the audacity to say 11am. I pointed out that it was now 11:30, and that I was completely frustrated, and then I hung up.

At 12....I called again, waited a long time for an answer again, and got the same girl again. Keisha, actually. I called her by name and asked if it was possible that somebody might be in that department by now, and if not I needed to speak to the store manager immediately. Somehow, and I don't know if asking for the manager got it or not, they suddenly not only had that department staffed, they told me they could take my car this afternoon anytime I could get it in. They were sorry for the problems and were going to take care of everything right away. What a difference!!! But we will see. When Bruce gets home in a while we are going to run it over. And then.....we are going to have to wait for the dishwasher repair guy who promises to be here between 2 and 4. I hope everything goes well and my dishwasher can be up and running by the end of the afternoon. But who knows. It may require another blog of crappy service.

1 comment:

Terri G said...

Drives you nuts, doesn't it? Too bad merchants need a wake up call every once in a while that their service is declining. Glad you got their attention! :)