Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Ongoing

The kitchen is still ongoing. I have a stove now, at least, but still no kitchen sink or dishwasher. The countertops that were supposed to be installed yesterday morning (we will be there between 8 and 12 he said....yeah right), did not get done until after 7pm last night. Bruce took the day off for this and he waited and called and waited and called until I completely lost my cool and called them myself. And I was NOT nice. I was promised someone would be here within the hour. It was after 4 before the guy finally showed. I was literally on my way to go sit in their shop until they got my damned countertops in my house when Bruce called to say the guy just pulled up. Lucky for them. I was not in a happy mood.

So needless to say, the sink installation and plumbing that Bruce planned to do yesterday afternoon AFTER the countertops did not happen. He managed to get the sink in tonight (sitting there unhooked to any water or drain but it looks nice, haha), but its almost 9:30 pm now and the plumbing is just going to have to wait until tomorrow. Work is insane this time of year, we get home so extremely late, and its all a matter of doing a little bit here and a little bit there as time allows. Actually though, the plumbing and a bit more of the molding around the walls and it will be essentially done. I still want curtains, but that might not happen until after Christmas. Time is running out, I still need to shop and decorate and figure out what kind of food and goodies we want to feast on. Whew....remind me to NOT start a major project during this time of the year again.

Anyway, there may not be Christmas cards this year. I love you all, and I love doing my cards but we haven't even had a chance to pick some out yet. If I get decorations on the tree it will be amazing. Oh well. Its all going to work out. And since Dad asked, the countertops do look good. I am happy with how it turned out even if it took way longer than expected. Here is a little snippet of the color. Its called crystal flint, predominantly gray with white and black specks. Its busy enough to not show spots (you know, like coffee drips and stuff), and yet neutral enough to be able to use any other colors in the decor that you might want to. I will post some pictures of the finished room whenever the actual finishing might happen to occur.
LOL.

No comments: