Monday, December 6, 2010

And its Monday again.....

How does Monday always get here so quickly? But anyway....Itty Bitty kitty came through her surgery just fine. She has been a little more quiet than usual this weekend, but is perking up more and more each day. Vixen did have a mild urinary tract infection and we got her to the vet for an antibiotic shot, mainly because that works for 2 weeks and getting medicine in this cat is virtually impossible. Hopefully things are all healthy and happy in Kitty Land for a while.

I put the lights on the tree this weekend. It seemed like a good time when kitty was not quite up to racing up and down the limbs. Bruce usually does the lights, but he was busy in the kitchen getting things prepped and ready for the new counter tops. One thing I realized: Its harder than it looks. It took longer than I thought. But I think I did a pretty good job of it. Bruce says that I have inherited the job from now on because its something he just never enjoys. I did run out and buy a new tree topper. We usually use an animated Santa and I love him. I decided he was too precious to risk on the tree while we still have young cats who climb it. So....a new, temporary tree topper was found. The choices are really limited out there. This is just a large red bow with LED lights. Its cute. Its not Santa but its ok. There are still no decorations. I am waiting to see how the cats do with the lights and maybe in a few days I will finish it up.

So the kitchen counter tops will be installed tomorrow. I can't wait. We have been living without a kitchen sink since Saturday...using paper plates, washing off the absolutely necessary things in the bathroom sink. The dishwasher is unhooked and as of this afternoon, the stove will be unhooked as well. Its been a bit, um, rustic. I guess I will run by and pick up some take out for dinner this evening. Bruce decided to do the removal of the counter tops himself to save some of the charges. The installation crew should be able to set up the new ones pretty quickly as everything is ready to go. I am looking forward to having a fully functional kitchen again......

2 comments:

Terri G said...

Yay for healthy cats and new countertops! :)

Em said...

Ah, gotta love an updated kitchen. We did ours about 18 months ago and we love being in that room now!

As for the tree lights, I wish someone would take over. That is my task alone...and always a bit more frustrating than fun. But once I get the lights on, everyone helps with the ornaments. I love that part!