Monday, August 9, 2010

I'm not quite right....

I am really not quite right at the moment. I am still feeling sad, I guess. This evening I was in the kitchen chopping veggies for a salad, and Bruce turned on some music. Sad music. Well, its sad to me. Do you remember this really old song "Seasons in the Sun". The lyrics go something like:

Good-bye Michelle, it's hard to die
When all the birds are singing in the sky....

And I could tell right away it was going to make me cry. That song depresses me on a really good day. I asked him to please turn it off. And he did for a few seconds, but then it came on again as he was adjusting something on the television and Netflix. I don't know what or why. But hearing it again, even a couple of seconds of it just got to me. I burst into tears and hid out in my room until I could get myself together. He came in to check on me and honestly? He seems to be totally surprised that I am sad. My dog just died, my son is moving a thousand miles away....and yeah....I am sad and feel entitled to be sad. I will be fine in a few days. Its this waiting for the awful part of watching them drive away on Friday that is hard. I will get over it and start looking forward to a visit to see their new place soon. In September. I will be fine. But in the meantime, over the course of these next few days, please do NOT play sad music in my presence.
Because for the moment, I am just not right. One day I will look back on all this and laugh. I am sure of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We love you Rebecca Dad and Barbara