Saturday, June 26, 2010

Saturday and stuff

Yay! It's finally the weekend! That makes me so happy. Dad and Barb are coming here for the weekend on their way home from Bald Head Island. They should be here in a couple of hours. So while I wait, I will share some random tidbits with you:

- 3 of the kittens are eating canned "kitten" food really well. The 4th one? She is just not interested. She is fat and healthy and active, so she is not going hungry, but I will be happy when all 4 of them are eating food. Mama still nurses them regularly, but we can't consider new homes until they are eating well.

- ALL of the kittens have litter trained themselves. Its amazing how fast they pick that up. I know its instinctive and all, but still....all I had to do is show them where the tiny litter boxes were, and they figured it out right away.

-About cat litter...I was a little frustrated by the amount of money we spend on the stuff. Stuff that gets pooped on and then discarded. So, I tried out a cheaper store brand. It promised the same kind of results (clumping, odor control, etc), but it lied. It does NOT clump well. It allows urine to sink to the bottom of the box, and I did way more heavy scraping than scooping. And the odor control was non-existent. Forget it. I will pay the extra $$ and get the good stuff from now on. I made a trip to Petsmart yesterday and stocked up on it.

-For us, the "Good" stuff as far as litter goes is Fresh Step. I haven't found anything else that works as well as it does.

-It is going to be a 13 or so hour road trip to visit Stephen and Hannia in Lafayette, Indiana. Amtrak takes about a day and a half due to stopping all along the way. I hope we can find cheap flights from Greenville.....I am NOT a road trip kind of gal. Probably because I spend an average of about 5 hours a day in my car doing my job. It's hard to even want to drive to the grocery store after that...LOL.

- It is WAY too HOT, WAY too early!!! This is the kind of weather we have in the middle of August, NOT June. It scares me for what lies ahead this summer.

-Erica's town had some serious thunderstorms with high winds and a lot of lightning this past Thursday. A lot of the town was left without power. She finally got electricity back in the middle of the night, but still had none at work Friday morning. It must have been really bad there.

-Stephen and Hannia are leaving next weekend for a roadtrip up to In. to start apartment hunting. We will probably help them move the 1st or 2nd week of August. Erica is going to be a darling and help....either by going with them to move so I can stay here with the pets, or come here and pet sit while I go to Indiana. Not sure which way we are going to work it, but we just can't leave these aging dogs out in this heat with the petsitter. Our dogs are so old and so frail I really don't expect we will have this problem for very much longer. And that will be sad, but....cats are easy to leave at home when you need to travel. And because of that, I don't think we will be adopting any more dogs.

And that's about all I have to say about that. Have a great Weekend.

No comments: