Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Mixed feelings....

Well, apparently it is official that Stephen and Hannia are heading to Purdue this August. I am grateful that we have an answer now. I think it's been hard on the kids, especially Hannia, having the future so unsettled and unsure. It is a great opportunity, and I feel like its going to be a really good thing. I can't wait to be able to visit, seeing as how I have not only never been to Indiana, but also because they are only about 2 hours outside of Chicago. My experience with Chicago has been the changing planes at the airport and that is about it. I would love to be able to spend some time seeing that city.

Of course, the mixed emotions are from the fact that I WILL miss them. I will survive.
I did it when both of my children were away at college. But then Stephen moved back for these past 2 years to go to ECU and I got really spoiled being able to see them whenever I wanted. It will make me a little bit sad, like empty nest syndrome all over again. But it will be fine. They will get the chance to try out something new and different, and I will get the chance to visit someplace new. I am happy for them. And thank God for the internet, Facebook, and cell phones. LOL. I will still be able to keep in touch, and that will help a whole lot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for them but I know how you feel I am with my grandchildren for five days and I know I will miss them when I get back home boo hoo boo hoo. Barbara