Sunday, May 2, 2010

Summer....here it comes

It was HOT this weekend. It felt more like August than the second day of May. I hope this isn't indicative of things to come, because really, I am NOT ready for the eastern NC swelter-fest. I was counting on at least another month of reprieve. Maybe it was just a heat wave that will burn itself out soon...? Please? We had to do some yard work yesterday, so I really got the feel of the temp. Plus, its really dry around here right now. After this long wet winter, I wasn't sure our yard would ever dry out again, but it has....and we need some rain now. I think we have some in the forecast for the next couple of afternoons, so maybe it won't turn into a total drought.

After a morning of cutting grass (yesterday), I took a break and went out to lunch with Stephen and Hannia. We tried this Thai place. And by "we tried", I mean me, because they had been there before. I tried the beef/mango curry on Stephen's advice, and OMG, it was delicious. Hot and spicy, but soooo good. All of their dishes come with a hotness number. Like you can order from a 1 all the way to 20. I am so wimpy that I asked for a 1. Stephen and Hannia asked for 3. And still...mine was really hot to me. I went through a whole lot of iced tea with it, but I enjoyed it. It was cooked in coconut milk, and the sauce was so rich and creamy, and the mango flavor was perfect with it. I can't even begin to imagine what a 20 would be like? I wonder if anybody actually orders that? But I cooled my taste buds down with some of their homemade coconut ice cream for dessert. It was a nice change from yard work for sure.

And now the new work week begins all over again. I hope its a good one for everybody!

1 comment: