Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wishing

I really wish there was something new and exciting to report, but there's just not. I have been working, and then trying to recuperate and recover from working, so there isn't a whole lot of free time for fun or excitement. But let's see....maybe I can live vicariously through my kids...LOL. They seem to have a lot more going on than I do.

Erica just got back from a trip to Nashville, where she ran a half marathon with her friend Tara. They just got back last night, and I haven't had a chance to talk to her yet. Oh yeah...I did have a little bit of fun, because I had my Girl's Night Out dinner last night. That always cheers me up, but it also meant I missed the "I made it home safely" call. She called her Dad instead, but he let me know that she was back. Anyway, I know she is tired and still has a trip to San Diego coming up soon. Yikes. She really spent most of April traveling. And that can be exhausting even when you are having fun. Maybe even MORE tiring when you are having fun. Haha

Stephen just passed his CAD this past Monday. He had to defend his paper to a committee, and answer all kinds of questions, etc. etc. I knew he was going to be fine, but somehow I got nervous for him and couldn't relax until he gave me that call Monday around lunchtime. I just wanted it to be official....and now it is. I am very proud of him. And for those of you asking where he is going to be next school year??? We don't know, he doesn't know....Nobody knows. Schools have cut a lot of their funding due to the bad economy. If he doesn't get funding (meaning a paid position teaching or in research) while he works on that PhD....then...? I mean you are talking about moving to a place where neither of them have any kind of jobs yet.
Not even job ideas.....so....? They are waiting on Purdue's answer as to whether they can offer funding. And if the answer is yes....I am relatively certain they will be in Indiana by the end of summer. If the answer is no.....who knows. They may end up wherever job offers take them. Or they may seek other sources of funding.
There are just way too many options to even make an educated guess as to where they will go. So....? I promise I will pass news along just as soon as I hear anything.
Stephen and I talk pretty frequently and he keeps me updated on the progress or lack thereof. LOL.

Anyway, I hope you are all enjoying this beautiful spring weather we are having. I know I am. I just can't wait for the weekend to get here.

2 comments:

Erica said...

Is that "Stephen and I talk pretty frequently" comment a jab at me?

Rebecca said...

LOL! No, it was NOT a jab at you. But with that having been said....call me soon. Hahaha