Tuesday, January 5, 2010

LOVE This!!!

I browse/shop online like ALL the time. I don't necessarily buy stuff every day or anything. But I know what is where and who has sales. We are talking clothes right now. Bruce does the exact same thing in the electronics/computer type area. But me? Its all about the clothing, the shoes, the handbags, and the accessories. Again, I don't buy it all, as I just can't see spending tons of money when my lifestyle is very casual. But I do like looking at it, and knowing where to get it, and when it goes on sale....just in case. Its a hobby.

So, I just found this new site. Seriously, I thought I had seen it all, and bookmarked most of it. I was surprised. But this place, called Mod Cloth has some really adorable stuff. Indie/Retro kinds of things. And its all very unique...you won't see these items in department stores. I have only had time to browse through the dresses. Some of them are really amazing. I haven't bought anything just yet, but as soon as an opportunity to NEED a new dress presents itself, this will be the first place that I look. Its not over-the-top expensive, either. The dresses seem to average anywhere from $50-150. Very reasonable for a pretty dress, don't you think?

So...imagine doing brunch in this dress:



I also fell in love with this one:



This one looks so vintage, and yes, I love it too:



And to make this place even more awesome, they even have a fairly extensive collection of actual vintage pieces. I am pretty sure I won't be buying any of those, as they tend to have these ridiculously tiny measurements. A waist size of 24 inches? Um, well, probably not in my lifetime, but a girl can dream. LOL.
And check this out. Its a vintage 1950's dress and it is gorgeous:



If only I had some special event to wear it to, and if only I had the body of a barbie doll....

3 comments:

Hannia said...

I love them too! I also like their shoes and accessories. (two s's? really? ok, i trust you spell check)

i also like plasticland and pretty much anything advertised on icanhascheezburger, i may be biased though :) btw, stephen colbert said yesterday "I can has cheezburger? No, handouts sir! More like I can has an EARNED cheezburger!" it made me giggle.

Rebecca said...

What?? You KNEW about this place and didn't tell me? ARRGGGHH! LOL.
Seriously, I just happened to see this tiny little advertisement for it while I was on another site. I am still drooling over the pretty dresses. I am going to be check out the shoes next.

Unknown said...

I figured you had seen the ten thousand ads around Icanhas... Other cute things advertised there are Plasticland, Loft, New York and Co, err... that's all I can think. I like some of the stuff on Plasticland (they also have some vintage inspired dresses and coats)... so yeah :)