Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Bruce...updated

Bruce had the colonoscopy this morning. I went in with a whole arsenal of stuff to keep me entertained while I waited....book, mp3 player, games on my new phone, a travel mug of coffee. I was prepared I tell you! And I barely got settled and read about 2 short chapters of my book when the nurse came out to tell me it was over, he was fine, and I could come back while he woke up from the anesthesia. It took less than an hour, and that included prep time and recovery. We got there at 8:15 and were back in the car and on our way home by 9.

Anyway, its all good news. The doc is fairly certain now that it was C Diff, and its completely cleared up. There was no sign of infection, polyps, cancer or crohns. They did a biopsy, and he goes back on the 26th for the results of that, but the doctor said that it was just a precaution. Everything looked healthy and normal.

So....yay! Hopefully its all over and done now. He won't have to face this again for 10 more years. I know that makes him happy.

No comments: