Friday, October 2, 2009

Listen to me!!!

I have almost completely lost my voice. And that sucks. I can't talk!!! At least I don't have to sing an opera this weekend or something. Jeez. I started getting sick on Tuesday. Its been the weirdest thing. I kept having tightness in my chest, and I had stop and think through all the information I know about having a heart attack. You know...in case I was having one. But it wasn't that...after a while it progressed to feeling like an asthma attack. I guess. I have never had asthma so I can't actually KNOW what it feels like, but I was having trouble breathing. I was at work, and just plowing through trying to act like nothing was wrong, but in the back of my mind all I could think was "What the Holy Hell IS this?"

By Tuesday evening, I had my answer. I had a really nasty cough that felt like it was ripping my chest apart, and made my throat feel like I had swallowed a bunch of razor blades. That continued right on until today. I had today off for a Dr. appointment. That didn't happen. Is it possible to be too sick to go to the Dr.? LOL. My appointment was for a thyroid blood test. I didn't feel like giving blood today. All of the congestion has moved from my chest into my head. I can't breathe still, but now its out of my nose. Damn it....I just want to be able to draw a normal breath for a change of pace.

Ok, just a whine because I can't actually whine out loud. Its just a really nasty cold and will be over soon. I am off until Monday, so hopefully I will mend up nicely before then. I wanted to spend my weekend decking the halls with Halloween decorations, but.....that might not happen. Whatever. If I can just get better I will consider that a victory.

2 comments:

Hannia said...

I haven't had an asthma attack since I was around 5ish, but the way I remember them it's almost like you have a soapy lung and you're just trying to get some air out of the bubbles inside of you.

Otherwise, HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER! :)

Maria said...

Ugh. Feel better soon!