Sunday, September 27, 2009

Where have I been? Ask the Liger....



I know its silly, but I have been totally tied up with a couple of Facebook games. It will pass, eventually. The novelty will wear off. But right now, its a whole lot of fun. I am really into Mafia Wars. Part of the fun is that its one of the first games that my husband (who is much more of a gamer than I will ever be) is playing too. What? You can't picture me as a ruthless mobster? LOL. It really is a lot of fun though. I just made it to Moscow where I get to be a KGB agent turned crime lord.

This weekend was "Tiger Loot" weekend for the Mafia. Jobs and fights are randomly dropping special "loot" like tiger assault rifles, tiger tanks...etc. There are 8 items. I have 7. I am obsessively playing just trying to get that 8th item, the "Liger". Did you know there really is such an animal? Its a cross between a male lion and a female tiger. The offspring tend to be sterile, but it makes for a lion-looking animal with muted tiger stripes that likes to swim. Did you know that tigers swim, but lions hate water? Google is an amazing tool. If only I would use it for more than trivial curiosity. Oh well. I still have until Monday at midnight to try and get my freaking Liger. Oh yeah....Bruce already got one, so the pressure is ON!

The second game that is taking up all my spare time is this:



That's right, in my time off from the mob, I farm. Quite successfully, too, if I do say so myself. Farmville is my son's favorite, so he is way ahead of me. But I have goals, and I keep growing my crops, harvesting my fruit trees, and taking care of the animals. Whew....I tell you...if things keep on like this, I am going to have to quit my day job just to keep up with my other activities. Haha. Whatever, mock me if you must, but it is fun.

Lapse of a couple of hours......

I finally got him! I got a Liger! My life can resume some sense of normalcy now.
Well, not that I am ever actually "normal", but....relatively speaking.
Isn't he awesome????

No comments: