Monday, October 12, 2009

Finally, I feel human again

Well, it took almost 2 weeks, but I am finally feeling well again. I don't know what that bug was, if it was a cold or a flu or what, but it really did kick me in the rear end. I was beginning to think I would never be able to shake it off. But it seems to be over. I am grateful, because being sick is never easy.

I got well just in time to have some fun this weekend. Bruce went down to Chris and Jessica's place at the river for a whole weekend of male bonding. Their friend Jeff came in from Washington (state), and there was a whole group of guys having a weekend long party. To escape the craziness, Jessica came up and spent Saturday night with me. There was eating out, a bit of shopping, and a night of sitting around, talking and playing cards. Stephen and Hannia came over to keep us company, and I had a really good time. I like Jessica a lot. We have a lot in common and we always have fun when we see each other. The problem is that its not all that often. She only lives an hour away, but we both have hordes of animals that make leaving home for long periods of time really difficult. Apparently the solution is to get the guys to stay in one place and babysit one set of animals, while we hang out in the other place with the other set of animals....LOL.

Anyway, I haven't written much, but I have just been too sick and too exhausted lately. Nothing has been going on other than work and trying to get myself well.
We head out on our cruise in 2 weeks, so I am just biding my time, and looking forward to getting away for a week. Erica is coming down to spend time with her brother, and to house sit/babysit the cats, dogs, and goats. I am so happy about that, because although it makes me a little jealous that she will be home and I won't be here to see her, I will feel so much more relaxed on the cruise knowing that someone is here in the house with the pets. It gives me a real peace of mind, and while I know she can't do it every time we go away, for now its a real blessing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY! I'm so excited Erica is coming! ^_^

Lori Kintz said...

So glad to hear you are better!!