Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Oh so ready for FALL!!!!

The thrill of summer has worn off for me now. Actually, I am never all that thrilled about it. Not since I finished school and no longer get summer's off. I loved summer back in those days before REAL life set in. Not anymore. Now its just an added burden of scorching heat, sticky humidity, snakes and bugs. I have been to the beach (I still want to post some of those pictures. Its just a matter of copying them from Bruce's computer and clearly that task is just too much to ask of me right now). I have been to the pool. Been there, done that, and now I am ready for something else. Something cooler, with drier air and fewer bugs. I am even hating all of my summer clothes now. I want to drag out boots and sweaters. Because I really do prefer boots and sweaters to t-shirts and shorts. I don't know why, but I just do. I always get antsy and disgusted with summer by mid-July. Always. Its fun for about 6 weeks...but if there were a way to go straight from the 4th of July holiday right into September, I would so totally go for it. If anybody has any way of making that happen for me, please let me know....Ok?

This fall, assuming that it ever gets here, includes a Halloween cruise with Dad and Barb. I am really really REALLY looking forward to that. Some of the things I have read about it include fun stuff like decorating your cabin door, a decorated ship, wait staff in costume, and a costume dinner and ball on Halloween night. This? Is right up my alley. The destination of the cruise is the Bahamas. I don't expect that to be all that exciting. Definitely more interesting and fun than work, but still, its the Halloween cruising part that has me excited. At least its something to look forward to to get me through these last months of summer as they drag on and on and on......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for the Holloween cruise, Jerry and I are thinking of Adam and Eve for our costume, just picture our old bodies, wrinkled and sagging in our old age. Can't wait to see the pictures. Barb