Friday, July 24, 2009

Casserole Disaster

I made a Mexican-type casserole for dinner tonight. Tiffany (or was it Michael?) put one together while we were at the beach mainly out of the leftovers from our Mexican night. It was really good, so I recreated it as closely as I could without having a recipe. I don't think there is a recipe. Its rice, black beans, cilantro, onions...a little of this, a little of that all topped off with cheese and baked in the oven until its bubbly.

The casserole itself grew huge. That happens sometimes, like with soups, when you are randomly adding things that might taste good in the mix. And it turned out well. Yummy, even. The one portion that I ate for dinner was just a fraction of the dish. And then....afterwards, after I had eaten and the food had sufficient time to cool, I went to stick it in the fridge. The cats were busy playing a high spirited game of chase, right over my feet at the precise moment that I was holding the casserole in mid-air. And disaster struck. I dropped it. ALL! OVER! THE! KITCHEN! FLOOR! Well, the majority of it ended up on the rug in front of the fridge. That has been scraped off and is now in the laundry room waiting to be washed. I am a little surprised the find out that the cats LOVE black beans. Go figure.

Oh well. I was thinking that I had plenty of leftovers for tomorrow....but I guess not. Sad.....

2 comments:

Hannia said...

I told Stephen we could get you food yesterday, but he said you were feeling sick. :( Hope you're feeling better!

Unknown said...

I did have an annoying stomach ache last night. Probably due to the insane amount of tiny Heath bars that I ate during "What Not to Wear"...LOL.