Thursday, May 14, 2009

Star Struck

I got to meet Stephanie tonight!! I swear I was a little star struck. Stephen and Hannia went with me. It was so nice to see her in person. And...she recognized me!!! I couldn't believe it. I really thought I would need to tell her who I was, but nope, she knew the minute I walked in. I can't believe we did NOT bring a camera. Darn it. What was I thinking?

There was a picture taken though, and it might show up on her blog. I will be looking for it. Mainly because Stephanie was sitting down, and I was leaning over, and I hope you can't see down my shirt. That would be my luck.... But it was a good time. I wish her all the luck in the world with her book, and the next one.

Now, I have to face something that is not going to be a good time. We are going to have Scotty euthanized tomorrow. I hate it...and I mean really REALLY hate it, but its time. He is so fragile anymore. He is blind, deaf, and crippled with arthritis. And lately, he has had an ominous cough. We think it might possibly be lung cancer. And as hard as it is for me to say good-bye, it is even harder to watch him suffer. I have been a mess ever since I made the final decision and scheduled with the vet. She is coming to our home, so at least that helps. Bruce and I have taken the day off work to make this as peaceful as possible. My heart aches, but I also know its the right thing to do.

1 comment:

That Chick Over There said...

Thank you so much for coming! You are so pretty, of course I recognized you! You are awesome and it was so nice to meet your son and his sweet wife!