Wednesday, May 27, 2009

If You Are Alive....??

In my email inbox today:





RE: Please Respond if You are Alive

From the desk of,
MUSA BELEWA
Director Foreign Operations Dept.

Attn: Sir/Madam,

We are obliged to inform you that after we have completed the process
of releasing your funds to you, we now received a Death Certificate,
certifying that you were death according to one Mr. David Jones, who
claims to be your representative, and he now requested that your funds
should be transferred to a Swiss account he provided.
But however, due to the suspicious nature of his claims, we therefore
decided to write you to know if really you were dead as said by the so
called Mr. David Jones,who claims to be your representative.
So please if you were still alive, you should provide the following
information for us to be sure.
1) Your full name
2) Your residential address
3) Your telephone number
4) Your occupation

Be notified that if we do not hear from you within the next 7 days, we
shall assume you were dead as claimed by your representative, and we
would then transfer the funds to his Swiss account as he desire.
All the obligations have been met and the funds are ready for transfer
to the account now.
Awaiting your urgent response to this effect

Yours faithfully,
MUSA BELEWA


I actually sent a response, which I KNOW I probably should NOT have, seeing as how that will clue them in that I actually read this crap. My response?

"I'm sorry to inform you that I am totally and completely dead."

The part that made me laugh (besides the whole thing) was to be informed that "I was DEATH". I did not know I was The Grim Reaper, but clearly if Musa says so, it must be true!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

can you imagine people who have death phobia? holy cow, that would be a bad day!