Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Nothing much going on

I've got nothing in particular going on today. I have been a little bit disturbed by the fact that its already a toasty 90 degrees here for the past couple of days. Are you serious? Its not even May yet. I have a sinking feeling that its going to be a loooonnnnngggg hot summer. I HATE summer. With a passion. Just thinking about it makes me sad. Maybe I just need to remember that our pool opens up in mid-May, and that will be a nice distraction from the oppressive heat.

We are awaiting word at work as to whether or not our office will consolidate and everybody will move into the other office here in town. The annex. Keep your finger's crossed for me that it won't happen. The annex is not really that much further away, but the drive is a lot more tedious. I have to head down Arlington Blvd. which wouldn't be all that bad, except that there is a train crossing there. Not just a crossing, but a point where the trains hook up or unhook cars. This involves a long process of creeping forward, slowly moving backwards over and over again, while traffic piles up on both sides just waiting to get through. I never really understood why the trains have to do that right there. Its the main thoroughfare right through the middle of town, the main cut through to the hospital...it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I can't tell you how many times I have gotten caught there for 20 minutes or more. Maybe I can figure out another way to get around that point IF it happens that we are forced to move. It would be a case of driving around your ass to get to your thumb, or whatever. But if it avoids the long sitting and waiting at the train crossing, I guess its worth it. Maybe it won't even be an issue. Hopefully they will decide that its too expensive to move all of us. That there isn't enough room at the annex. Or that it will be far too inconvenient for Rebecca to force us to do that....yeah right. Not even in my wildest dreams would concern for what I want come into play...LOL.

Anyway, have a good rest of the week, and a lovely weekend. My daughter will be here tomorrow evening for a long weekend at home, and that is something I am really looking forward to. We are celebrating her birthday Friday evening at Chef's 505, which should be really nice. She is going to be in Philly for a conference for her actual birthday, so we have to celebrate while we can......

3 comments:

Hannia said...

I avoid all roads except for 14th and Charles, precisely because I hate the damned train!

Anonymous said...

Send our Happy Birthday wished to Erica! Lori

Anonymous said...

oops - typo - should be wishes, not wished . . . Lori