Sunday, April 12, 2009

Just saying....



- My search for the perfect biscuit recipe is OVER! Barb told us about this Southern Biscuit mix, and I found it at the grocery store this weekend. I tried it last night, and Bruce and I both agree that the biscuits are amazing! Much, much better than any of my other attempts. All you have to do is add buttermilk, so there is no more cutting in lard (which really grosses me out, cuz no matter how you look at it, lard is basically animal fat). This will be my "biscuit recipe" from now on.

- Our brunch at Chef's 505 was delicious. There was so much food!!! They had breakfast stuff like pancakes, bacon and quiches. But there was also all kinds of salads, vegetables, shrimp, salmon, prime rib, ham and pork tenderloin. There was a separate bar set up with all kinds of fresh fruit and desserts. Oh my Lord, the desserts. We had to taste as many as we could but my favorite was this pecan/lemon pie. It had a crust and pecans like a regular pecan pie but the filling part was lemon. It sounds a little weird, but it was indescribably delicious. And they were serving some particularly yummy mimosa's that left me in desperate need of a nap.

- Vixen seems to have made peace with the fact that she has a new sister. After several days of hissing and growling, she has decided that having a friend to play with is a good thing. The cats seem completely at ease with each other now and that makes everything a whole lot more peaceful. They eat together,(not out of the same dish, but at least in the same space), they share a litter box (I had a separate one set up for Omen, but they both seem to insist on using the original one, so I finally good rid of the spare), and they run and chase each other all over the house for hours at a time. I spent last weekend wondering if I had made a mistake. Now I'm glad I got a second kitty.

- Its TAX week, so don't forget....

No comments: