Monday, March 2, 2009

Random mundane things....

Dad came up for a visit this weekend. It rained non-stop ALL day Saturday and Sunday. Insane, crazy amounts of rain. He was forced to cut the visit short because of the impending snowstorms hitting the east coast. He left really early Sunday morning, and made it back to Danville before the snow set in. After he left, we literally spent the rest of the day lounging on the couch (kitty cuddling up with me, of course) and watching some mind-numbing tv. We have just recently started doing the Netflix thing. I think I mentioned that. The 'movies by mail' thing is cool, but the instant play movies are really good for those lazy rainy days. We watched every single episode of this bizarre 1980's British tv show called "The Day of the Triffids". Its some post-apocalyptic science fiction thing, and "Triffids" are these meat-eating plants that can walk around, kill people, and wreak some serious havoc. Very stupid, but perfectly entertaining for that dreary kind of day.

Today was colder than hell. Well, I KNOW that hell is supposed to be hot, but you know....it was seriously cold. I am the hot-blooded, always way too warm type, so you know its cold if I am complaining about it. And it snowed all day long. No accumulation at all, but we had flurries coming down, sometimes fairly heavy. It was pretty, but I am so ready for spring now. At least a little sunshine to chase away the blues. I get tired and unmotivated when its dreary for days and days in a row. Tomorrow we are supposed to have sun again. Its going to be cold, but at least it will be sunny. That always helps.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

who says hell is hot? I agree with Dante when he says hell is really really cold.

-H