Thursday, January 29, 2009

Under the Weather

I'm missing the Body Flow class this evening. I am just feeling a bit under the weather. I have a queasy stomach, an aching head, a sore throat, and the beginnings of the sniffles. I hate missing that class, but I will catch up with it on Saturday morning (I hope). Its been a long week. Work has been harder than usual. I keep telling myself to be grateful that I have a job. A lot of people don't, and they would be more than happy to take my place, my paycheck, and my benefits. I know that. We've been hearing some things on the news and through the grapevine that our workplace is in a bit of financial trouble. That changes are on the way. It makes me nervous. Who knows what the future holds? Worrying won't help anything, so I am trying to stay focused on the here and now. Today I have a job. Everything will be just fine.

I've been worried about Vixen today, too. She has felt so bad since that shot yesterday. She hid in her favorite hiding spot under the chair ALL day long. She meowed whenever I tried to pick her up, and her little body felt hot, like she was running a fever. She finally came out from under the chair about an hour ago and ate a little bit of dinner. My girl doesn't usually refuse food, so it was alarming to see her breakfast go untouched. She's up on the couch now, and she feels cooler to the touch. I think her fever finally broke. She's still sleepy and lethargic, but I think (hope) the worst is over for her. Darn those stupid shots. I know they are necessary, but they make her feel so awful.

Ok, I will be fine. I am going to go to bed early, and hopefully Vixen and I will both be back to normal by tomorrow. After all, its Friday. I am looking forward to the weekend!

No comments: