Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I know...

I know I ought to write a post. Blogs are meant to be updated at least a couple of times a week, if not daily. But honestly? We have been so busy that I have not had the time. Between work, and trying to get a jumpstart on the whole Christmas season (we put our tree up, and I have been decorating it in fits and starts, whenever I have a spare moment or two)...Oh, and lots of time at the gym trying to undo a little of that Thanksgiving damage, we have barely had time to breathe much less attempt to string a coherent thought together in written form.

On Monday I have yet another mammogram (oh joy) to hopefully FINALLY determine whether or not this weird little spot that keeps showing up is just some random scar tissue or something to be more concerned about. I'm not worried, beyond the dread of the somewhat unpleasant sensation of having your breasts squeezed by pair of giant metal vice grips. But...IF everything is the same as it was 6 months ago, I will get the all clear to go back to a regular mammogram schedule instead of this twice a year crap. I just want to get it over with. I keep having the temptation to just cancel the appointment, but then I check in with my friend W. who is a breast cancer survivor. And she will give me a swift kick in the pants if I dare to do anything that stupid. She forces me to take this seriously, even when I don't want to. Thanks W. And congrats on another cancer-free scan this week, too!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i don't look forward to those in the future! but i know i will have to too...