Saturday, December 6, 2008

Alternative Christmas Trees

I've spent the majority of my day decorating the house for Christmas. The tree is trimmed, and the halls are decked, but there is still more to do. Hopefully I will finish up all the odds and ends tomorrow. Being in holiday mode, I've done some thinking about alternatives to the traditional Christmas decor. My son and daughter-in-law are planning to decorate a "Christmas Branch" this year. Its something her family has done before in the past, and apparently its common in Costa Rica and parts of South America....? I am not entirely sure of the details, but Stephen said he might research that particular tradition and write a blog about it. I am fascinated by holiday celebrations from other parts of the world so I am looking forward to seeing the actual Christmas Branch when it is finished.

I did a little online search of unusual Christmas trees and found a few to share:


-This was is made completely out of beer bottles. How festive....I wonder if they got a hang-over while creating this tree??



_ The Ladder Tree. Its really kind of a cute idea.




-S0me sort of modern odds 'n' ends kind of tree....Not my style at all.






-The Minimalist Book Lover's Tree.....




-And MY personal favorite....A tree comprised of over 22,000 actual diamonds and crystal beads. This one was decorated in China and is estimated to be worth well over a million dollars.
Yeah, I definitely like this one best!


And as for the weird blank rectangle in the middle of this post....??? I have no idea how it got there, or how to make it go away. HAHA.

No comments: