Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Weekend...

It was a busy weekend, being at Dad and Barb's with the whole rest of the family. On Saturday there were 19 of us there all together. We did a whole series of family pictures with a professional photographer that afternoon. It was fun...a little overwhelming at times, but thats what the holidays were meant for. I have to say a HUGE thanks to Barb for having us. She cooked, and fed all of us all weekend long. Rumor has it that she cooked for 3 weeks in advance just to get ready for the herd to descend upon Danville. And she put up with us bringing our dog into the mix without blinking an eye (well, she might have blinked once or twice when he did a rather bad thing on the kitchen floor. I really do apologize for that). So....yeah, Barb is a saint. We have to say a big Thanks to Dad, too. He put up with us, and our loud/drunken game playing into the wee hours of the morning. He did seem to find reasons to go hide out downstairs in his office quite a bit, but he never threw us all out into the street. We are all grateful for that. Seriously.

And now Thanksgiving is over for another year. I had thought up a list of all of my favorite things that I am thankful for. I was going to write a post about that, but I never got the chance to sit down at the computer over Thanksgiving. Which is probably for the best, because it made a serious point. No matter how many things I love or enjoy, its really all about family and friends. I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend, too.

No comments: