Thursday, September 25, 2008

I feel a sense of victory...

I recently wrote a post about t-shirts, and how picky I am about fit, fabric...etc. Well, I finally found exactly what I was looking for. Eddie Bauer's v-neck t-shirts are perfect. Or as nearly perfect as it gets. The fabric is nice and not flimsy. The fit is even better. Long enough for even me, and it has a slightly feminine fit. I hate those boxy, chunky t-shirts that make women look like linebackers. I ordered 2 kinds: one has slightly shorter sleeves, which I actually like. I will have to see which one wears/launders best before I form a firm decision on which one I will go with next. Because I can already tell I WILL order more. There were tons of colors available. I don't know about the rest of you, but I wear a LOT of t-shirts. My work place is casual, so I wear them there. I wear t-shirts to the gym (I tried a couple of those quick-dry athletic shirts, but I swear, they just feel hotter and clingier than regular cotton, so not worth the extra $$ in my opinion). I wear them by themselves, under button-down shirts for layering...obviously I need a decent stock of them in different colors.
Finally, I found the motherlode of t-shirts that I have been searching for. Its kind of like finding the Holy Grail or something. Seriously, I am extremely pleased.

ETA: A word about Target and their t-shirts. They offer a lot of styles and colors. The fabric feels "ok" at first. But both the Cherokee and the Mossimo brands tend to unravel at the hem or occasionally at the seams, sometimes after only a couple of washings. And they do this weird thing that I have never seen before in any other brand. They shrink in length but stretch out in width. Its so strange. After I wash these shirts a few times, I end up with this short, wide little shirt that looks like a rag. I decided not to waste any more of my money on their stuff, no matter how pretty and tempting the colors are. I've sent enough Target t-shirts to Goodwill to clothe a small third world country. If people there don't care that their shirts are suitable only for overweight midgets, that is.

No comments: