Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Yoga!!!

Ok, so we (meaning that YES, I coerced hubby to go with me) went to yoga class last night. He wasn't sure he wanted to go, but he did it for me. We mistakenly decided to warm up on the elliptical machines first. Just in case, you know...the yoga was just too easy to feel like a REAL work out. HAHA! Yeah, suffice it say that it was NOT easy.
It almost killed us. But I had a blast. Seriously though, I totally sucked at it. I couldn't balance on one leg for very long at a time. But neither could anyone else. There were a few people in there who were alright. Definitely better than me. But most people were struggling as much as I was. As WE were. Hubby admitted that it was a whole lot tougher than he thought. I'm not sure if he is going to go back to that class or not. But honestly, I plan to. I am going to keep trying until I get it right. Or at least halfway right. The best part (no, I didn't get to eat popcorn in there) was the 10 minute meditation at the end. Whew...I was so worn out, I just fell out there on my little mat and it took me that long to catch my breath. Fun stuff.............

Today was the session with the personal trainer. He seems nice. Too nice. I might need somebody a bit more aggressive to kick my rear end into shape. But we are going to stick with him for a while and just see what happens.

1 comment:

That Chick Over There said...

I HEART yoga.

I'm starting to get into Zumba. Except I have trouble getting my upper body to move the right way.

But I try!