Friday, July 18, 2008

Happy Weekend, Ya'll

I can say "ya'll", cuz I'm a southern girl. Its absolutely grammatically correct down here. Really.
Anyway, I hope everybody has a wonderful weekend. We are off to go visit our beloved daughter in Va. She recently moved out of her apartment and into a house, so we want to go check out her new digs. I have this weird compulsive need to be able to picture a person's surroundings while talking to them on the phone. I don't know why. If I can't know where they are, or what it looks like, I get totally distracted during a phone conversation. I KNEW the details of her apartment. I can't picture her in the house though and that bothers me. I have to go rectify that situation right away.

So, anyway, I'm sure we will have fun. I happen to LOVE the town that she lives in. I never seem to be able to stay there long enough at a time to do all the stuff that I want to do though.
This weekend will be no different, sad to say. We've already filled up our schedule with stuff, like restaurants we want to try, going to one of her kickball games on Sunday, and she has a "Daddy To-Do" list as well. There are a couple of things around the house that need doing.
Oh, and there is a "Mommy To-Buy" list, too, so we will have to cram some shopping in there somewhere. Not that I mind that. I just want to be able to go up sometime when I have the time to tour some of the vineyards, and go tubing, or hiking, or some of the other 7 billion things there are to do around there. Good thing she is going to be living there for a few more years.
Maybe I will eventually get around to everything by then....

Anyway, we will be back Monday evening.

No comments: