Friday, July 11, 2008

First appointment.

Hubby and I decided to join a gym. Don't laugh, I'm serious. Anybody that knows me like at ALL would know that I am not exactly the gym-going kind of gal. A mall-going kind of gal is more like it...LOL. But we have been saying since forever that we both need to get more exercise, get ourselves into better shape, lose a few pounds...etc. Somehow that never really seems to happen. There are always various reasons why watching tv, or napping, or playing around on the computer is more important at that particular moment. So....we are hoping this will motivate us.....??

We went on Tuesday to tour this place. We didn't spend weeks of checking out different places, although God knows there are enough of them around here. This place is the closest. It also seems to be the biggest facility. Closest made it the winner. If I have to drive across town in heavy traffic, you can forget it. But anyway, this place has a nice big pool, basketball and racquet ball courts, tanning beds, room after room of equipment, tons of classes free with membership (I am kind of interested in the yoga and pilates), and the one part that I really really REALLY liked. There is a big theater room with bikes, treadmills and stairsteppers facing a huge wall-sized screen. And they play movies while you work out. Apparently there is a different movie every day and it plays pretty much all day long. The thing I liked about it was this: It was nice and dark in there. Nobody can watch me sweat. And if I get tired, I could always sprawl out on the floor and eat buttered popcorn while I watch my movie....HAHA! Actually, I didn't really see any popcorn available, but I didn't see anything that would prevent me from sprawling if I wanted to.

Our first appointment with our personal trainer is tomorrow. At 10am. I saw that this place opens at the unGodly hour of 5am, but no thank you. Thats not going to happen. Although, I drive by this place on my way to work everyday and at 8:15 the parking lot looks pretty full.
It occurs to me that our personal trainer has his/her work cut out for him/her. I need somebody who will drive to our house and force me to work out whenever I start to feel like procrastinating (which would be like every day). I really hope we get someone who is good at motivation. Also, I HATE to sweat, so...? We shall see.
Actually, I am kind of looking forward to it. I wonder if they let you eat popcorn in the yoga classes?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having done yoga off and on for about four years now, I've never seen a class that let you eat popcorn at any point during the class. Sorry.

Hannia said...

i love yoga! :)

Em said...

Congratulations on your new venture...and good luck! My wife and I drive past gyms...we understand people go in there to do stuff. But we never knew anyone who actually did it! Can't wait to hear about your big screen and popcorn exercises.