Thursday, July 3, 2008

Sweet Dreams....Or Not....?

I have been having these reoccurring dreams lately. Not the same dream, but the same theme over and over again. I am late for something, or have forgotten something really important. Like a couple of nights ago I dreamed I was at the beach having a really good time. I was having so much fun that I apparently lost track of time. I was thinking that it was Wednesday, and I still had the rest of the week to lounge on the beach. Only it turned out to be Wednesday of the NEXT week, and I was still vacationing oblivious to the fact that I should have been back to work 3 days ago. I was horrified. How do you explain that one to management??? I KNOW that most vacation rental agreements would make accidentally overstaying virtually impossible, but still....it was unsettling.

And last night, I was back in high school again. And I knew I had to take a really important exam. An exam that would determine if I could graduate or have to repeat my whole senior year again. But then a whole string of random things kept happening to keep me from getting to school...I couldn't find my car keys. I got lost while driving. I finally got there only to remember that the exam was being held in a completely different location......How frustrating!!!

Anyway, I just wonder what dreams like these mean. I'm not really having any kind of stress in my life right now. In fact, things are calmer than usual. No problems at work, no problems at home. Finances are stable. Everyone is healthy and happy. Whats the deal? Could it be that my mind invents stress when none is currently available during waking hours? LOL! It does make for some unrestful sleep. Oh, I sleep. Insomnia is not really in my vocabulary. If there is anything that I do particularly well its sleep. I'm an exceptionally talented sleeper. But lately I seem to be waking up tired. Its hard to feel rested when you spend all night struggling against unfortunate circumstances. Oh well, maybe tonight will be sweet dreams.

2 comments:

Hannia said...

Man I hope I did not transfer my nightmares to you!!! I had those (excatly those, pretty much!) all through college! Sometimes I still have them. They kind of suck.

Hannia said...

P.S. I wish you better dreams!