Monday, June 30, 2008

I made flan!!!!

Yesterday, I made flan for the very first time. And it was GOOD...much to my surprise and delight. Surprised only because not every thing that I try turns out right the first time. Or the second, or the third...etc. Some things NEVER turn out just right for me. But flan is obviously my friend. I had it for the first time ever back in March. On Easter, I think. And I thought it was the best thing ever. So rich and creamy! And it wasn't all that hard to make either which was nice. Of course, I will have to restrain myself from making too often because....well....I'm sure it has at least a gazillion calories per serving, and I don't think it would come out all that well if you attempted to lower the fat or sugar in it. I think this is the 'real deal' kind of dessert that you can only indulge in every once in a great while.

Also? We are in a drought down here in the southeast. It hasn't rained around these parts since I can't remember when. Our lawn, which is HUGE, is almost completely dead right now. We won't water it, because that would be such a waste when supply is low. We haven't needed to cut grass in a couple of weeks now, and somehow.....somehow that part of the equation has been kind of nice. We usually spend every spare moment trying to battle the lawn during the summer. This year not so much. Its ugly out there but at least our lawnmowers are catching a break.

Anyway, Monday is over and done with (yay!). And its a short week with the holiday on Friday, so thats good news, too. Maybe the short week will stop my husband from being so grumpy. He woke up with all kinds of complaints this morning. Apparently, I was sleeping way too far on HIS side of the bed. Its a king-sized bed, and he swears he only had a scant 6 inches of space last night. I have NO idea what he is talking about. I was perfectly comfortable and I slept like a baby...haha. And then he got into the shower and discovered that I used HIS razor to shave my legs. Um, well, I did it because he had the newest, sharpest blade. Apparently, I am encroaching all OVER his personal space these days. All I can say is that he better stop his complaining or I won't share the flan with him! LOL.

1 comment:

Hannia said...

it was definitely delicious! i devoured the last piece of it today!