Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy Valentines


So, I spent my evening making sausage cheese balls for a Valentines party at work tomorrow. What the heck that's all about, I have NO idea. I don't LOVE these people. Isn't Valentine's Day a celebration of LOVE? But I don't want to be a party pooper, so I am forcing myself to be sociable. Little Miss Suzie Social asked us all to bring something red, or pink, or otherwise Valentine related. My imagination drew a blank on that one. I'm pretty sure nothing says LOVE more than some greasy pork sausage and cheddar, anyway. HAHA. Nobody in my office has ever turned down the offer of free food, so I'm sure it will be fine, even if its NOT red or pink or heart shaped or whatever. I have a feeling that at least one person will bring in Krispy Kreme doughnuts. A girl can hope....those doughnuts are the crack cocaine of junk food, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. See, there's a bit of love involved there. I don't actually buy Krispy Kreme doughnuts (well, ok, once in a great while I might break down and buy some) because they are so terrible for you, being all fried lard and sugar, that I feel too much guilt. But I have this theory that if someone else buys them, then its perfectly OK to indulge. Right? Like if you don't spend your own money on them, the calories won't actually count. Tell me I'm right, darn it.

But I hope everyone out there has a Happy Valentines Day, however you choose to celebrate it, ignore it, or whatever you do.

5 comments:

MdG said...

Oh, Krispie Kreme! We drove by a store the other day, and THE LIGHT WAS ON!!! but Sarge refused to stop. What a bastard!

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you too! I hope your day was happy and did not involve any planes!

I love Krispy Kremes, but stay far away. One is never enough!! Luckily, the only K.K. shop in town closed down. The gas stations still have them thou, luckily I pump from the outside.

I work in a school, you should see all the JUNK the kids bring in for the parties. It is total sugar overload. They always want to bring me some, and I always thank them, but end up tossing them. If not I'd have 25 cupcakes, and cookies and so much chocolate. I would gain 60 pounds in one day. Ummmm, I do eat some of it, it is Valentine's day!!!

Enjoy your night!

XOXOX

Em said...

Hope you had a great Valentine's! And enjoy the donuts! LOL

Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

sausage and cheese balls are totally Valentine-approved. In my world anyway...

Hope you had a good one!

That Chick Over There said...

HOT DONUTS NOW!

I stay far, far, far away. We only have one KK around here, and it's on the other side of town, thank God. I would weigh 11000 pounds if it were close by.