Saturday, February 16, 2008

Updates








Re: The Valentine Work party (with all those people that I do NOT love)....There was indeed Krispy Kreme donuts. Heart-shaped ones, no less. And I had 1, and I sneaked 1 home with me that afternoon so my husband could enjoy one, too. The woman who brought the donuts said that she stood in line for over 45 minutes that morning to get them. I think I would have given up and just come to work empty-handed. I don't wait well under the best of circumstances. At 7 am, you can pretty much forget that. I already have to deal with the Krispy Kreme traffic on the way to work every morning as it is. Its the most dangerous spot in town. People will cut in front of you, run you down, run a red light....whatever it takes to whip into that parking lot. Scary stuff.






And this is what my husband got me for Valentines day. A singing goat. And while that might not sound terribly romantic to everybody, it was particularly thrilling to me. I spent all of December telling him I wanted a goat for Christmas. Everytime he asked what I wanted, I said "A Goat!" (Ok, in reality, I said a MAGIC goat, but thats beside the point). Well, he wasn't able to find a goat, magic or otherwise, (he determined that a LIVE goat was out of the question, sadly enough) around Christmas time. Although I think I did mention that my son gave me a goat marionette for Christmas, which I also LOVE. The Valentine's Goat sings "The Lonely Goatherd" song from the 'Sound of Music'. And she's animated. And it made me really happy, so....nothing obviously says "I love you" like a goat. HAHA!

And this is the Christmas Goat:

Anyway, enough of the goat talk. Yeah, I'm eccentric...so get over it. Dad is here for a visit this week-end. He and my husband spent the past 2 days at the gun range, doing manly stuff (I went shopping at all the President's Day sales which was too girlie for those manly men). This afternoon, hubby shot off one of the offending tree limbs that has been holding his toy plane hostage for the past 2 weeks. It was really wedged up there in that branch. The plane is still there, but now its kind of hanging by a thread. Our weather forecast calls for storms and high wind on Monday, so there is a good chance that the plane will finally make its descent back to the ground again. Maybe.....One can only hope. If not, maybe I will just give him a live goat to take his mind off of the plane.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hope that plane gets flown out of that tree soon! It has REALLY gotten his goat, just kidding. But I do hope the plane finally comes down. It sounds like a case of, "so close, but yet so far!"
Glad you had a nice Valentine's Day, and enjoyed your presents. I think it is cool that you like goats. I liked that scene from Sound of Music too.

Enjoy your Sunday!
XOXO

MdG said...

Goats are so cute! They are my favorite part about going to the extreemly overpriced pumpkin patch. But what's up with their eyes?!?! So weird.
Your goat needs some leiderhosen (??).

Anonymous said...

choked on my soda readng that last sentence. thanks! LOLOL!!!

~Diana (sneaking reads at work! OH NO!!!)