Thursday, February 9, 2012

The trouble with lottery tickets

The trouble with lottery tickets is the extreme letdown, the crushing disappointment when you don't win. LOL. But I agree with my son, you are not only buying a chance, no matter how slim and far-fetched, you are buying a chance to dream wildly for a few hours. Or days. It's fun. Bruce and I have our plan. The jackpot winning plan. We are taking off immediately for a celebration trip in Atlantis. First class all the way. Just for a few days....and then we will come home and start making plans, figuring out what we need to do next. These plans include such things as sharing with family, and random acts of kindness just because it would be so much fun.

But ok, I realize its a long shot. I haven't failed to pay bills or run up my credit cards waiting on a lottery win to bail me out. In fact, we basically rarely buy a ticket. Whenever there is a particularly large jack pot coming up, we break down. Like yesterday....it was at 250 million. Bruce bought a couple of tickets in hopes that we would be enroute to Paradise Island today. We went to work instead. At least nobody else won yet either....which means that I may take another shot at it for Saturday. Who knows? Maybe I will be on my way to my celebration dream vacation by the first of the week. Somebody has to win so why not me, right?

No comments: