Monday, July 11, 2011

Sooner than Later

I'm scared right now. And not over the usual stuff that scares me: snakes, bad hair days, sweating in the heat, waking up in public sporting a pair of those blasphemous pajama jeans...I'm not even necessarily scared for myself. Its my children, and their futures and my future grandchildren that worries me. If this economy doesn't turn around soon then what? It used to be that every generation made it a little better than the last. But that no longer seems to be the case. Now it takes 2 people to be able to run a household, instead of the 1 it took back in my parent's day. A lot of Moms aren't able to afford the luxury of staying home anymore. Not that staying home to raise children is a luxurious day at the spa...I did it for 4 years and it was definitely HARD work.

Bruce read a story about a man who went over $200,000 in debt to finish veterinary school. He graduated, and now spends his time checking feces for worms for MINIMUM wage because there he can't find a job. How sad is that? Its beyond sad, its insane. I just pray that the economy will eventually turn around. Sooner would be better than later. I have grown children looking for jobs, and I want them to be given a fighting chance. I want to retire eventually. Again, sooner would be better than later. I want to not have a heart attack every time I check out at the grocery store, or fill up my car with gas.

The impending defaulting of Government loans scares me really bad. What does the future hold for us? When will the news be bright and promising instead of depressing? I know that its anybody's guess but let me reiterate, sooner would be much much better than later.

No comments: