Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Insomnia

I can't sleep. Me! The woman who is such a talented sleeper that its practically a legend. It is driving me crazy, because God knows, sleeping is one of life's BEST simple pleasures. Its not a happy feeling...I am tired, exhausted from being out in the heat. And yet, I can NOT sleep. Well, I won't say I am up all night long, because I seem to eventually, in the wee hours of the morning, not terribly long before the damned alarm clock goes off, finally drift off. At least there's that. An hour or 2 of sleep is better than nothing. But still....I can feel it taking a toll. My brain is foggier than normal (yeah, I know. Scary, huh?). The last time this happened, a couple of months ago, I finally figured out it was a new allergy medication (Zyrtec to be exact...I was taking it at night and that just didn't work). This time, I am clueless.

But anyway, if I can make it through the rest of this week, hopefully I can catch up a little this weekend. I always sleep better when there is no deadline. No alarm clock ticking down the minutes. And its probably this heat throwing me off. Our heat index was over 110 degrees today. My body has a broken thermostat....always running hot. And tonight, I am thinking about taking a Unisom. We keep a small bottle of over the counter sleeping aids for when we travel.....I think we still have some somewhere....

No comments: