Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I was dreaming

I had this really vivid dream last night. It wasn't anything weird or out of the ordinary, but it felt so REAL! I dreamed that my alarm went off, and I had gotten up and was going about my morning routine. I poured a cup of coffee, fed the cats, etc.
Only I had gotten up with this really awful cold. I was so congested, and I felt so weak and just, well, sick. I remember thinking how odd it was that I didn't have even a hint of a cold symptom when I went to bed, but who knows. Sometimes these things come on fast. I gave it a few minutes to see if I might start to feel better, but finally decided that a day at work was just NOT going to happen. I felt too awful. So, I called in sick and climbed back into my bed to get some more sleep.

And then....? Then my alarm REALLY went off. I was groggy and so confused. Didn't I already turn that off? It shouldn't be buzzing again, should it? Hadn't I already made the call to my office? It took me a minute to clear my head and realize it was all a dream. I think I fumbled around and hit every button on that stupid alarm clock because my brain couldn't figure out how to silence it, even though I do it every day on auto-pilot. The bad news was I had to get on up and go to work. But at least the good news was that I wasn't sick. So, there you go. Usually my dreams are weird and things are strange and out of place and I have some point of reference to tell myself "This is only a dream". But not that one. I dreamed my whole morning ritual, step by boring step, just like I go through them every single (week day) morning. So weird. But hey, at least I don't have a cold. LOL.

No comments: