Sunday, April 24, 2011

Things I just don't understand:

Here are some things that I just don't understand. Maybe someone can enlighten me?

1. This past Friday evening Parkers BBQ was OUT of BBQ. ??? What the heck? Bruce and Jerry were able to drive across town and find some at the other Parkers but do you have any idea how long that delayed Barb's corn sticks? And how on earth can a BBQ place that specializes in BBQ run OUT of BBQ. Thats like Burger King running out of burgers. Oh wait....Stephen and I had that happen once. LOL.

2. I give linen 3 stars as a fabric. It would get 5 stars for its comfort and ability to "breathe" in hot weather, but its capacity for wrinkling makes me have to detract a few stars. I own it, I wear it sometimes, but the fact that it wrinkles if you look at it hard just makes it less appealing. Still, we stopped at a dress shop in Morehead City and they had some nice linen casual clothes. But...and I don't get this...ALL of the linen tops had LONG sleeves. Why? If its hot enough for linen then its too hot for long sleeves. Needless to say I left without buying anything.

3. We had a nice brunch at Chef's 505 this morning before Dad and Barb left to drive back to Danville. They had a huge pile of shrimp (and mussels, but um, yuck). They did NOT have cocktail sauce. We had to ask for it 3 times before they finally were able to round some up. Maybe not everybody uses it as a shrimp dip, but honestly? I don't remember EVER eating shrimp without it. The fact that it wasn't already out on the buffet is something of a faux pas. The mimosa's were pretty good though so that helped make up for it. A little. But how does an upscale restaurant "forget" cocktail sauce when serving shrimp?

4. Why do weekends go by so much faster than week days?

5. Why do outside cats always want to be IN, and indoor cats always want to go OUT??

Well, I am absolutely certain that there are lots more things that I absolutely do NOT understand but I can't think of them at the moment. I hope you all have had a nice Easter weekend. We had a good time, but Monday is coming for us all to quickly.

No comments: