Thursday, March 3, 2011

American Idol

I say every year that I am NOT going to watch this show again. And then somehow I do anyway. I swear it sucks you in even when you don't want it to. I HAD to watch the first couple of auditions because I wanted to see how the new judges were. And then I decided that I actually liked JLo and Steven Tyler, and how they were dealing with the contestants and that was it. I was hooked. Again.

Tonight the top 10 were picked. Actually it ended up being the top 13, because in addition to the top 10 that the public voted in, each of the judges got a wild card pick. I am happy to say that all of the contestants I wanted to make it....made it. And now I have favorites, and I will have to keep watching and hoping my favorites make it to the next round and so forth and so on. I will say one thing about this season though....I don't know if there has ever been a group with so much talent. Usually there are a few standouts and the rest are good or charming and make it through based on their appeal. This year all of them are really capable of being stand outs. ALL of them. Its going to make for good competition. But its also going to make it sadder to watch eliminations, too. I just remind myself (whenever I start to feel bad for the ones who get cut) that there are lots of Idol finalists who go on to have a great career even without the Idol title. Jennifer Hudson, Clay Aiken, Constantine Maroulis.....the list is long and the achievements are fabulous.
I just wish they ALL could make it. Oh, and I also happen to LOVE Steven Tyler too.
LOL.

2 comments:

Annabel said...

I feel the same way. I think the talent this year is really good. I have my favorites too, but it was difficult for me to pick my top five of each. But the ones that I thought should have made it did. I'm just glad that I'm caught up to watch it in real time now.

Rebecca said...

Annabel, the one I was kind of hoping would get a wild card was Rachel. I thought she did a decent job of it. Not amazing, but not as bad as the judges seemed to think. They were pretty brutal on her. I don't think Rachel could have won it, but another chance would have been nice. Poor girl. She looked mortified and I felt so awful for her.