Thursday, February 17, 2011

You have WHAT?

One of my co-workers is sick with the flu. He went to the Dr. this morning after having been sick for most of this week. He tested positive for the actual FLU, was told to go home and go to bed, and for what ever reason came on in and worked anyway. What the heck is that all about? Its not a matter of your being a martyr, of showing your total dedication to the company in spite of the dangers to your health and well-being. Its a health hazard to the rest of us, and I do NOT appreciate that at all. Flu epidemics could be effectively nipped in the bud if people would just use a little common sense and consideration for others and stay HOME! Its highly contagious. The rest of us do NOT want it. The same goes for colds too, but at least those, while uncomfortable and unpleasant, are not as dangerous. Still...if you are running a fever, are coughing, sneezing, and spraying phlegm and mucus all over the place...PLEASE, for the love of God and all things holy just STAY! HOME!

Anyway, I was so angry to have to work next to flu man today. I avoided contact as much as I could. And just in case it does any good at all, I stopped by Rite-Aid and bought some Airborne tablets. Hopefully I won't catch anything. And if I do? While I will be tempted to SUE flu man for careless endangerment...one thing is for certain. I will NOT be at work spreading my plague to unsuspecting innocent bystanders. Geez. Can you tell this bothers the hell out of me? I really do think he wants a medal for his dedication and I just think its stupid and reckless.

No comments: