Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Days like this

I had high hopes for the day. I was off of work, finally, a make up day for working Saturday. I was going to take it easy, run a few errands leisurely, and maybe catch up on laundry. It just wasn't meant to be. I found out a close friend of mine was sicker than we thought. She just had surgery, and knew she had thyroid cancer. Her Dr. informed her today that it was stage 2, which is more serious and more advanced than anybody thought. It tore my nerves to pieces. I feel so bad for her, and her family, and all of us who love her. I am going to have to pull myself together, and be strong so she won't have to look at me being all weepy and sad. We need to keep a positive outlook and I WILL do that. The news just knocked the breath out of me for a little while.

Somehow, while I was still reeling from that phone call, somebody stole my bluetooth ear bud. I was in Target, feeling flustered and distracted and took it out of my ear to ....I don't know....compose myself maybe? But somebody swiped it and even though I looked and searched, asked the front desk, and walked around with my phone on because the bluetooth was still ON and should pop up on my phone screen if I came within range of it....it was all to no avail. Its gone. I should have been paying more attention. I am going to miss it because I use that thing every single day. I never talk on the phone while driving unless I have that. Oh well....it was probably 4 years old. Maybe I can find another one I like just as much as I liked that one.

After that I didn't even finish the errands I intended to. I just wanted to come on home. And I did. I walked right in to find a cat (Probably Bitty, but I am speculating) had turned over a whole large bottle of liquid laundry detergent. I had failed to screw the cap back on completely and there was sticky detergent all OVER the laundry room floor. It took me forever, mopping it and going over it with a rag at least half a dozen times (maybe more) before I got all of that up. On the bright side, my laundry room floor is really REALLY clean.

No comments: