Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Local Business

We have several local businesses around here (3 that I KNOW of) that think the best advertising strategy is to parade some poor unfortunate soul wearing a ridiculous costume back and forth on the edge of a busy thoroughfare. Every day that I drive home from work I find myself waving at a giant cellphone, a huge slice of pizza, and a human statue of Liberty that walks around in front of a tax office. Its kind of creepy and I don't know why I feel compelled to wave back to these characters. It certainly doesn't make me want to frequent these places as a customer, though. In fact, seeing these poor people out walking back and forth in the freezing cold or pouring rain makes me think these businesses are owned by jackasses. Actually the cell phone and the pizza slice sometimes catch a break if the weather is really awful. But the Statue of Liberty (in at least 2 separate locations) is out there no matter how cold it is or how hard it rains. It always makes me sad.

Also? Stephen and Hannia are in the middle of a blizzard up in Lafayette right now.
I checked their local weather and noticed that Purdue has even cancelled classes for the day. Its my understanding that school closings for snow is pretty rare up there.
How funny since this town shuts down completely if a stray flake or 2 happens to fall. Just send some positive energy their way to hopefully keep electricity on. Hannia made an emergency trip to the grocery store, so I know they have plenty of food. But if the power goes out, my kids are going to get awfully cold. Their townhouse is completely electric, no fireplace or gas logs or anything like that.

Speaking of positive energy, send some to Barb too. She is having the cortisone shot in her hip today and we all hope it works well enough to postpone surgery for a long, long time. Good luck Barb! Let us know how it goes.......

No comments: