Thursday, January 20, 2011

Life in General

-We tried out our new Golden Corral for dinner this evening. The decor and the layout was all new. The food was mediocre at best so nothing has changed in that respect. Oh well. It was new. We gave it a shot. And at least I didn't have to cook and nobody came home hungry. That place always disappoints me. We went once a couple of years ago for the first time since the kids were little. It is abundant food that is edible, but just barely. I think its time to give up on it. There are much better places to eat in town.

-As far as new things that remain the same go, I have watched the new American Idol for the past couple of nights. Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez are fine as the new judges. But its still so much the same that I think I am getting bored with it already. There isn't even the mean Simon comments to shake it up a little. Not sure if I will watch the whole season this year.

-I got my hair trimmed (just barely so it, too, is basically the same) yesterday. But on a whim I decided to get some highlights put in and I am glad I did. It gives the color a little extra punch and I think I like it. The stylist that I like told me she is breaking away and opening her own shop at the end of the month. I am excited for her and hope things go well. I trust her with my hair more than anyone else I have gone to here in this town. She friended me on Facebook so I can keep up with the grand opening. Yay! She can count on me for repeat business for sure.

-I really miss being able to say "TGIF" every Friday because Friday doesn't mean much when you have to work on Saturdays. I have no idea how long this is going to go on.
I see no sub being hired in the near future, so....? At least I don't have to feel that Sunday evening dread since I now have Mondays off. I guess thats the trade off.

-Cats, cats everywhere and not a single one of them will come up here and snuggle with me. I feel so lonely...LOL. Do I give up? Or do I keep getting cats until I find one that loves me? Ha.

1 comment:

Erica said...

To the last one- No. Just NO.