Saturday, January 22, 2011

All About Sex

Yes, I said it. A SEX post. On my blog!!! LOL. But here's the story: There is this woman who works with me. I barely know her as she is in a different craft so we basically have very little interaction other than walking by each other and saying Hi or something like that. But she came up to me today and handed me an invitation to a party. You know those parties. The ones that you go to and are expected to order stuff. I have been to Mary Kay make up parties, tupperware parties, home decor parties, candle parties....lots of them over the years. But this one, um, this is a SEX party. LOL OMG! She let me browse through a catalog briefly and I am sure my face was flaming as I saw page after page of things that honestly? I am not even sure what all of it was. Strap on things....weird stuff. Oh my Lord.

My invitation calls it a "Love" party and it strictly prohibits men, and children from attending. It has my name on it, so its not a generic printing. And it made me wonder if I am giving off some kind of weird vibe that would make some woman that I don't even know think that I would be perfect for this kind of party...? Hahahahaha. So, what to do? I am pretty sure I am not going to know a single soul there (and if I do then my friends will have definitely surprised me). I couldn't help but notice that its at least a half hour away from where I live. I would totally be expected to buy something....at least a little thing or 2. I saw some flavored body paints that didn't look too strange and at least I had an idea of what those were. I haven't made up my mind yet. A part of me says "Oh HELL no!". But I am a little bit curious. Curious as to who goes to these things. Curious as to whether the hostess explains the nature of some of those odd contraptions. Curious to see what the other attendees end up ordering.....I just have this horror of ordering something only to have this woman deliver it to me personally AT THE OFFICE! How in the world would I explain that? I mean, clearly it would implicate her too, but if she is walking around inviting people to this party then she probably wouldn't care too much what anybody else is thinking. What to do? What would YOU do? Go or not? I mean its just a party. Its not like I am going to catch an STD there.....at least I don't think so.

4 comments:

Terri G said...

Ha! Rebecca, you know I am not a wild woman, and guess what? I love those parties! If it wasn't for how my mother would feel, I would become a rep. It's not a give you put off - its the hostess taking a chance that you won't judge her for inviting you or having this party. Go! Have fun! (My favorite purchase was the "Blue Dolphin".) :)

Terri G said...

Stoopid phone .... VIBE, not give.

Lori Kintz said...

Hummmmmmmm . . . . I'll never look at you the same way again :-) Seriously, do you know anyone else going? Get a girlfriend, have a glass of wine, and go have a good time! (Then tell me all about it because I don't think I'll ever be invited to a party like that!!)

Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca

I went to one at someone elses house then I let the sells rep host one at my house in Chapel Hill. They are a blast. You don't have to buy but there are lots are mild things like flavored gels and then really interesting things. It is good for alot of laughs. Go especially if you know one friend to go with.