Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Kids and stuff

It has been so nice and nostalgic having all of my kids home under one roof again. We have gotten so scattered and so busy that its a rare occasion. I am loving this. Everybody goes home this weekend, and I will be sad, but I have thoroughly enjoyed these couple of weeks. I wish I could have been off of work more.....but who knows, that may have been too much togetherness. LOL.

Anyway, we are wrapping up the old year and welcoming in a new one. I know I should be making resolutions, and setting goals. But I have barely had time to think about brushing my teeth much less making long and involved intentions. I have a history of not keeping them so much anyways. I always plan to eat healthier, which we do....off and on. Or exercise more....never happens consistently. Or being more organized or this thing or that thing. Not this year. I have neither the time nor the inclination. The only goal I am setting for myself this coming year is to be happier. I am more or less happy already. But I guess I mean taking the time to smell the roses, and appreciate the little things. You know....things like fresh coffee, warm kittens, hot showers....I want to savor those wonderful things, and pay less attention to the inconveniences. I may eat healthier, although my goal demands I make time for savoring chocolate. I may exercise more. But whether I do or not, I still hope to be happy about it.

I hope the New Year brings much happiness to all of you too. There is plenty to go around for everybody!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you Rebecca because you and Bruce are just you and for that I love you, your messages always bring to me some insight that I would have not thought of, and for that I thank you.We enjoyed our time with you all. Have a great New Year! Barb Oh PS.you dad ordered the cable first thing this morning.