Saturday, August 28, 2010

Not much

Not much is going on around here. I worked Sat. but will get time off on Monday (today). I might take Tuesday off, too only because I am having issues with lower back pain (again). It just flares up every now and then. I am trying to avoid seeing the Doc because I know what he will do. A course of steroids/prednisone which does horrible things to me (although it DOES tend to heal up the back pain pretty quickly). And a week or so off of work, which although that does sound tempting, I am trying to save up enough days to have some time off at Christmas when the kids will be here.
Anyway, if I take it easy for a few days, sometimes that will do the trick. Wish me luck.

I keep having this reoccurring dream. Not the exact dream per se, but the same theme over and over again lately. It has to do with my not taking care of something important. Like over the weekend, I dreamed that I took Itty Bitty aka Clover to work with me. And she liked it there, everybody was happy to have an office cat. But suddenly after she had been there for who knows how many days, I realized that she hadn't been fed anything at all. I was desperately trying to find something in the break room vending machine that a cat could eat. ??? And last night, I was vacationing at a lake house, having a grand old time....when it dawned on me that I was taking care of a friend's baby (noone in particular that I remember....) and that I had left him/her in the boathouse on the water for days and days without food. The baby was still alive, but very weak, and I was rushing around trying to find something to feed it. What in the world does all of this mean? It's not like our pets would even allow me to forget to feed them. LOL. Within a half hour of missing the regular feeding schedule, they go crazy in a relentless kind of way. I experience it every single weekend when I try to sleep in for just a little bit.

You know how I have this Barbie fixation recently? And how I want to have clothes for all the holidays? Well, such things aren't easy to come by and if and when you do find them, they can be expensive. I decided to try my hand at making Barbie clothes myself. Here is a pic of my first attempt. I bought a pattern and some really cheap bargain basement fabric, just in case it turned out that I couldn't do it. My sewing skills are limited and lame. I did this one entirely by hand just to get a good feel for how it all went together before I drag out the machine. The sewing machine scares me a little. Maybe with more practice I can get better at this. The bodice isn't quite tight enough, and its a little too long. The inside seams are ragged and unfinished, but I was just trying to get it together to see if I was doing it right. It turned out OK. I can do better next go round. And I might splurge on better fabric. Seriously, it takes such a tiny bit to make an outfit...LOL. I did go metal snaps like the vintage pieces instead of velcro. I just like the way it looks with the snaps. So....I am heading to the fabric store again today to find more Halloween fabric to try a 2nd dress. I want something a little more formal, so I am hoping to find some satin in black and orange. Its a new hobby, so get over my playing with dolls at my ripe old age....LOL!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You could get Bruce to build you a Barbie house. B