Friday, July 30, 2010

Snippets

Here are some snippets of information that you probably don't really want to know, but I am going to tell you anyway:

-Erica got stuck for an extra night in Michigan because her flight back got cancelled yesterday (Thursday). There were some really nasty storms here on the east coast. She wasn't real happy about that but mercifully she is home safe and sound this evening. Delta at least put her up in a hotel for the night. When she first sent me a text message about the flight cancellation, I was afraid she was going to have to spend the night at the airport. And that? That would be awful. She said that she found this seminar really helpful though. She learned how to successfully write a grant, met lots of people in her field and got a lot of information and ideas of where she might want to apply to do her post doc. So, even with the flight screw up, I think her week was a success.

-We have had an ongoing battle the past week or so with ANTS (yuck). In my kitchen, no less. It must be something about the weather, because Stephen said he had them coming in to his place too. Its such a pain to find them crawling around on your counters and stuff. Luckily, they didn't get into anything important. But I did have to throw away a bunch of hard cat food that they got into. In the cat's dish....not the bag. We THINK we have it under control now, but those ants are sneaky little bastards and I don't trust them.

-Bruce went down to Wilmington today to see Delaney and Casey before they move tomorrow. He also helped with some packing and stuff because he is just a nice guy like that. I would have loved to have gone, but I had to work. All I know is that everybody I have ever met who has gone to Nashville has loved it. I have never been.
But now I have a really good reason to go. So....yeah....we will have to plan a visit later on when everybody gets settled and hopefully have some time to really see the city.

-This week, work-wise, has been really really tough. I say that every week, I know...but this time it was tougher than usual. For some reason, all of those sales catalogs that generally come in around mid-August to early September are pouring in right now like a flood. I don't know if they are just early and it will be over with earlier (a girl can hope right?). Or if this is just going to be a continual onslaught until the holidays. Maybe a lot of it is back-to-school stuff. I don't know because I honestly don't look at it. But having it be this heavy in this kind of heat is unusual and particularly brutal and cruel.

-Still dealing with cat problems and integrating the "pride". Samantha is a stubborn little hussy when it comes to behaving herself. If Vixen would just find the moxie to stand up and kick her rear end once....seriously all it would take is ONCE....I think she might back off at least a little. I had no idea my Vixen was such a wimp.
LOL. I am still working on it though. And trust me when I say I love my little wimp no matter how much of a scaredy cat she is.

-Stephen and Hannia have exactly 2 weeks before moving day. I have their new mailing address and phone number...so if you need it email me and I will send it. It looks like everything is getting done on schedule, so hopefully this will be a smooth transition for them.

-We have booked tickets to Las Vegas for Halloween! Yay! We have been spending the past several years trying to find the best Halloween celebrations around and saw something about Vegas doing it up big time. We are going with our friends' Chris and Jessica, and that should be a real blast. October can't get here fast enough.

-I am still dreaming about someplace like this:

No comments: