Monday, July 26, 2010

Once a week

Once a week is all I seem to be capable of blogging. I don't know why I can't get myself into gear??? It has GOT to be this heat. It is burning the life right out of me. There are no words to describe how bad I hate it. It makes me feel so dirty. I shower until my skin is raw, but no amount of soap and water can make me feel clean and dry as long as its 100 degrees with unGodly humidity. This has been the longest hottest summer that I can remember. Of course, I have probably been brain damaged from searing heat so that's not saying much.

Samantha was spayed on Friday, and she did so well. She slept for most of the afternoon and evening, but by Saturday morning, it was like nothing ever happened. She was perky and playing and you would never know she had just had major surgery. There is just one thing....Sam is NOT integrating into the "pride" as well as we had hoped. She is a purring little darling with us, but she is an aggressive instigator with our other 2 cats. Vixen has been hiding under our bed for weeks. Omen, who hasn't got an aggressive bone in her body, finally just snapped and let Sam have it. We were afraid she was going to kill Sam, because Omen is at least twice her size. But not only did Sam survive....she didn't learn a damn thing and was right back with the stalking and taunting. I don't know what to do. We are entertaining the idea of finding her another home. I hate it. I would love to keep her. But if she doesn't calm down and learn to get along with the other cats then its just not going to work. We hoped having her spayed would help, but right now its the same as ever. Any suggestions?

As for the kids....Erica is in Michigan right now at a seminar. Hopefully she is having a great time and learning lots of useful information. She texted me when she got there, but I haven't heard anything since. I am sure she is really busy. One thing she was going to have to do is read and critique her roommate's paper. Her roommate is a girl that Erica has never met, but she is also a microbiologist in the same line of research. Erica said it would be interesting to see what her "competition" is up to. LOL.

Stephen and Hannia are just 3 weeks away from the big move to Indiana and have been insanely busy trying to get everything ready. They have sold or given away lot of their stuff that just won't work in the new place. Stephen has ambitiously taken on the task of refinishing their bedroom furniture. And there are just so many little tasks to take care of. I can't even list them all, but its all coming together. I can't wait to get out there for a visit sometime in late September and see not only their new place, but the whole town. I have never been to any place in Indiana before, so it will definitely be something new.

And to leave you with something to keep us cool....I wish I was here:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

me too me too I am sick of the hot hot humid weather. love ya barb