Monday, July 5, 2010

Indiana, kittens and stuff

Stephen and Hannia made it to Lafayette safely. It took about 14 and a half straight hours, give or take a break or two for lunch, gas, and stuff. OMG. What a long roadtrip! They have spent the day house/apartment hunting. Apparently they haven't hit on anything that they absolutely LOVE yet. Stephen said at least 2 of the places were ok....certainly doable. But they have a bunch of places lined up to see tomorrow, too, so hopefully something will materialize that feels like home to them. They like the town. Apparently parts of it are lovely and quaint. Other parts are a bit run-down. But again, its doable. Wish them lots of luck with this!

Also? I adopted out the first kitten today. It was hard for me. Harder than I imagined it would be. I have had 4 responses to the ad I placed on Craigs List. 3 of them apparently backed out. But this one couple....they are young and recently re-located from Kentucky to New Bern. They don't know the area at all. I had given them directions and they somehow ended up on 43 North, way up around Falkland. Thats about 45 minutes further than they needed to go. We finally managed to talk them back into Greenville and to our house on 43 South....and a part of me wanted to not answer the door and keep all of these beautiful kitties for myself. But the sane part of me felt so bad that they got so lost that I just had to let them have a kitten for all of their trouble. At least they were persistent. Maybe that means they will really love him...? I hope so. I just want these babies to find good loving homes so badly. They deserve that. Erica is still coming down to take the little calico one back to one of her friends. They have asked for updated emailed pics all along the way so I feel like she is going to be good where she is going. The other 2? Well, no real prospects at the moment. I still need to post pictures at the vet. Right now Mama seems to be meowing a lot. I think she realizes one is missing. Its sad, but I KNOW its necessary.

No comments: