Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter Everybody!!!



I hope everyone is having a nice Easter. We aren't doing anything really special besides having a nice dinner this evening (with chocolate-covered strawberries for dessert...yum). I have to admit that I really do miss the early morning treasure hunt for the baskets, and the egg hunts, and the candy. Easter really does have the BEST candy of all the holidays. I mean, seriously! How many holidays have so many specialty candies that are ONLY available for that time of year? Cadbury Eggs, which are a favorite of mine, but those definitely take a connoisseur of sugar to stomach those. And I am....a connoisseur of sugar. My daughter is too. Nothing can be too overly sweet for us to not like it. But there are also robin's eggs, those giant homemade peanut butter eggs...just a whole bunch of stuff that only comes out during the spring. Peeps used to be an Easter exclusive, but now they make them for everything. Pumpkin peeps, Christmas tree peeps...it kind of cheapens the experience somehow.

Anyway, I hope everyone finds a treasure-laden egg, gets lots of candy, and has a blast. Its the season for awakening and rebirth, so embrace it and enjoy.

No comments: