Saturday, April 10, 2010

Friday

We were able to book a snorkeling trip for Friday. It didn't look like we were going to get one, but after calling persistently, Bruce finally found a company with openings. We went out with Captain "Sa-So" (spelling is definitely not correct, but I have NO idea) on the Salty Dog.





It was a beautiful day and unlike other snorkeling tours, the alcohol flowed freely. We've been on boats that only offered drinks AFTER the snorkeling was over and we were on the way back. We've been on boats that sold beers, and boats with no alcohol at all. But the Salty Dog had NO rules about drinking. They offered Rum Punch and Pain Killers (my personal favorite) ALL day long, as many as you wanted and all free for the asking. A Pain Killer is a mixtur of orange juice, pineapple juice and Creme de Coco with rum. So yummy.

We went to one island about 45 minutes away and snorkeled right off of the beach. That part was cool to me, because its so much easier to adjust your equipment, and walk casually into the water. Other trips we have to jump off the side of the boat.






Afterwards we walked around for a quick tour of this little island. Our group being silly (as if we could ever be anything but). I don't know why my son insisted on rubbing his nipples, but ....maybe it was the Pain Killers???



They served a very simple lunch back on the boat of fresh bread, cold cuts and cheese, pasta salad, and a delicious fruit tray. Nothing fancy, but it was the BEST tasting food in the whole world. Probably was all of that swimming. Then we took off to another snorkeling spot where we found a lot more fish. The captain told us to take leftover bread and feed the fish. We had them eating right out of our hands. Unfortunately, this is where my camera battery died, so we don't have pictures of that, but the snorkeling was beautiful.



It was a beautiful day. After some recovery time back at the condo we went out for dinner where I had my first taste of the local dish mofongo. Its mashed, fried plantains and it tastes somewhat like hashbrowns. I enjoyed it, especially with the most delicious mojitos in the world being served for happy hour. LOL.

So, today we are headed into Old San Juan to enjoy the old city. My camera has been charged up so hopefully there will be lots of pictures to share. We are having a blast, except I find myself missing our animals quite a bit. I don't have any kitties here to curl up in bed with me, and that makes me a little sad. I hope our pet sitting service is taking good care of them.

2 comments:

Lori Kintz said...

So beautiful! Glad you all are having a fun time! and . . . I have a completely psychotic kitty I could express ship to you if needed . . . he attacked Chelsea's ankles (twice!) this morning and now she wants him out of here. . .

Anonymous said...

Wish we were there if not for the swimming but for the drinks, hope you have the receipt. barb